Thursday 30 November 2017

Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk I

After putting the decals on I had a slight problem with the upper wing roundels in that a raised detail on the wing prevented the decals bedding down and I had to slice them with a scalpel. This left noticeable marks on the decals so after a think I ordered some masking film and when it arrived I used the measurements taken previously and cut out the roundels with a compass cutter.
The next problem was actually matching the paint to the decals so after some experimenting I mixed Tamiya XF-17 Sea Blue with XF-8 Blue and XF-1 Black until it matched (to my eye at least) the roundels. The areas were sprayed and it looked a very near match but then I sprayed some Alclad Aqua Gloss to seal the paint and the rest of the decals and it looked perfect!



I'm very pleased with that! The next job is to paint the fin leading edge red then I can start weathering the model and hopefully I'll have it finished by Christmas...although I'm not saying WHICH Christmas. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment