Sunday, 14 July 2013

Hasegawa 1/48 P-40E

I did this a couple of years ago and at the time I thought the colours looked too dark with the green being exceptionally horrid ( I used Humbrol enamels before they brought production back to the UK).
So with a day off between household DIY duties I'm going to give it a going-over with oil paints to see if I can improve the paint finish as construction-wise it did'nt turn out too bad considering the stupid insert for the cockpit area in the fuselage. Also the sharkmouth looked a LOT better after going over it with Vallejo acrylic. Here's the 'before' shots;

If it all goes to plan I'll post some 'after' shots later this week. If it does'nt you'll be able to find it in the bin :o)

Edit; Well it's not later in the week but here's a sample of what I've done so far;

I've applied yellow, light green and light brown dots of oil paint and blended them in with white spirit on the starboard wing and it's lightened the original paintwork somewhat. At this rate I'll have a half-decent model to put on the club table at the next show. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment