In the instructions Meng show that you just cut off the bracket if you don't want the fuel tanks mounted however it's not that straightforward as you need to add some bolt heads in the corners of the square plate. Oddly Meng have represented these bolts as raised lines so these need to be removed top and bottom then bolt heads added from styrene sheet using a hexagonal punch and die set;
The headlights were a bit fiddly to put together and the guards would probably look better made from wire but I used the kit ones;
One thing to note (which I did'nt first time around) is the orientation of the etch screens on the rear engine deck. If you look carefully the spacing is slightly wider on the top row , something which I got wrong on the right screen but managed to lift and re-glue it last night;
That's it for now, hopefully I'll get some more done over the weekend as there is a public holiday here in the UK on monday.