Sunday, 19 April 2015

Masterbox Zombies (part 3)

So this is what the spokes looked like (rear wheel);

And what they look like now (front wheel);

It's not perfect but the spokes look a hell of a lot better (in my humble opinion). There is an etch set available for this kit but it's from the far east (Voyager) and it would take a couple of weeks to get here so fuse wire will do instead.
I was hoping to build the figure from the Masterbox set but I'll have to wait until the bike is built first so that I can get it to sit right.

Masterbox Zombies

F**ks sake there is no hope for me....I was looking at this being a fairly quick and un-involved build but my Modellers OCD is nagging me to do something about those spokes on the wheels :o)

Gawd! Where's the fuse wire......

Edit; I've made jigs for the wheels so you just KNOW what's coming next;

I just can't help myself.... :o)

Something different.

I picked up this set of Masterbox figures as the concept intrigued me;

But opening the box the faces on the zombies were not exactly expressions of 'scary, angry and likely to rip your face off' monsters but more like slightly miffed with a hint of tetchiness. Also it would have been nice if Masterbox had included a motorbike considering they do have WW2 German jobbies as featured on the box in their catalogue.
                                           "Excuse me,EXCUSE ME! You left your wallet"

                                                             "Oh my that smells AWFUL"

                                                     "Yes I believe I was sitting here first"

ANYWAY I like the female bike rider so I'm going to stick her together along with the motorbike from Tamiya's JGSDF Motorcycle Recon set and see if I can do something with the zombie figures to make them look better. I do have a plan for a small vignette but don't hold your breath as my plans usually fall by the wayside as I have hundreds of other things going around in my head. It keeps me sane I suppose :o)

Tuesday, 14 April 2015

SS-23 primed!

OK so I lied about not showing anymore pics until it's finished but this is quite an important step onto the Path of Greatness and ultimate respect from my model making peers :o)

It's had a good blast with primer which has showed up a couple of gaps here and there but it's only to be expected and actually better than I first thought. I virtually used a whole rattle can of Halfords Plastic Primer too :o)

Friday, 10 April 2015

Individual track links...

The ONLY problem with indy links is the clean-up and that it feels never ending. The pile on the right in the picture is approximately 3 to 4 hours work and those on the left are still to be done, fortunately the two pin marks on the inside face of each link are raised and easy to remove;

Although rubber band tracks seem to have come back into fashion (and f**k knows why) to me they are harder to clean up flash-wise and difficult to get a proper 'track-sag' with on WW2 German and Soviet tanks so I will take injection-moulded styrene indy tracks over vinyl ones every time :o)
(By the way in case you're wondering it's a Trumpeter E-25 'Paper Panzer' that I'm in the process of rescuing from the Shelf-of-Doom)

Saturday, 4 April 2015

SS-23- The Official photograph :o)

Just a teaser today as the next pics you see will be of the finished model. After the photo session the model is off for a wash and a scrub (and probably pinging photo-etch bits off left, right and centre), left to dry for a couple of days then into the paint shop. How's that for confidence? :o)

Hopefully you will be able to read all about the model in a future issue of Model Military Int'l, that's why I can only really post a few pics.

Wednesday, 1 April 2015

SS-23...Construction complete!

I've bloody well done it! It's only a record shot but I just HAD to share this one as this thing has been on the bench since May 2014. I never thought I would get this far as it has been a 'challenging' build to say the least and many times I've just wanted to put it back in the box and forget about it. Lots of setbacks with this one and even today when I knew I was about to wrap it up I managed to drop the missile on a tiled floor while transporting my portable work surface from one room to another and broke off the guidance vanes, the lower half of the missile body and the tip of the nose cone.
Anyway it gave me a chance to rework the vanes and how they attach to the arse end of the missile so it worked out well in the end plus thanks to my Mrs who found the tip of the missile some yards away from 'ground zero'.
The model needs a REALLY good clean to remove nearly 12 months worth of kak, resin dust and greasy paw prints and a few gaps filling but the main thing is it's finally built. YAY for me! :o)
The 12 inch (or 305cm) ruler gives an indication of just how big the model is.