Saturday 30 December 2017

E-75 tank destroyer and stuff I've finished this year

This will be my final post for the year and the Hurricane, Leopard, E-75 tank destroyer and ZiL-131 all are still on the bench as although I was hoping to finish at least one of them, the illness I had earlier this month came back and I've spent the Xmas holiday recovering.
Anyway this weekend I'll be concentrating on the E-75 as construction is nearly finished...or it was until I test fitted the track and wheel assemblies.
I like to keep them as separate assemblies as it makes painting easier however for some reason they seem to have shrunk and just would not fit even though I left them to set on the hull. I tried to stretch them a bit by dunking the assemblies in very hot water but all it did was loosen a couple of links so I broke them again and fitted an extra track link in each side. Some of the wheels had come loose but because of the extra link it's thrown out the spacing for the ones still attached so I removed them all and cleaned off the superglue that was used to hold them in place.
I must say this area has been problematical since I did the tracks as the VERY short axle stubs on the kit, coupled with the loose-fitting resin wheels have proved troublesome all along so I'll fit the wheels after everything has been painted;


Some you win, some you lose....

As for 2017 I surprised myself by actually finishing six models although admittedly the S-3 Viking WAS started a few years earlier;







So there it is, the end of another year! Again I've bought more kits than I'll ever need but I really don't care, I enjoy getting them. 
I haven't a CLUE what will be on the bench next year (apart from what's on it now) as I don't really make plans and generally go with the flow with whatever grabs my attention.
Happy new year people and thanks as always for taking an interest in what I do. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment