Tuesday 23 October 2018

Scale Model Challenge, Eindhoven 2018

Over the weekend of 19th to the 21st of October my good friend Malc Ireson and me visited this show for the first time after a few model making buddies recommended it.
We flew into Eindhoven airport Friday evening, had an evening meal then spent some time in the bar chatting with other modelmakers.
The show was held within the hotel so we both wondered just how big it would be as in the UK conference and events rooms tend to be just that, a large function room. However when we went down to the show Saturday morning it was "WOW this place is BIG"! We had only just walked in and it was "WOW the quality of work"!!
Saturday was mainly spent soaking up the atmosphere, looking at the trade and club stands but mostly meeting and chatting to SO many of my Facebook friends, most of whom I met for the very first time. Sunday was pretty much the same but we both got to see the competition area and OMFG the quality REALLY was something else! So much so I felt like throwing all my work into the rubbish bin.
All too soon though the show was over and the morning after having to travel home we were both feeling glum.
I haven't enjoyed a model show for a while now and although quite a few modelling buddies recommended SMC I wasn't sure whether to go but I'm REALLY glad that I did as I REALLY enjoyed the show, the friendly atmosphere and got to meet so many friends and make new ones.
If you only go to one show next year make it this one!

































No comments:

Post a Comment