Friday 25 October 2019

ICM 1/35 Fordson WOT6 truck

Recently one of my modelling friends posted a link on Facebook to MacOne models in Spain who had just released a set of resin wheels  (MAC35607) for the ICM kit.
As I dislike vinyl tyres (and tracks) in kits I ordered some to see what they are like and within days they arrived. First impressions are pretty good;


The tyres are 'sagged' at the bottom but it is not overdone, more importantly MacOne have included the lettering on the sidewall of each tyre.
Removal from the casting block was done with a razor saw and clean up was minimal, all I had to do was dig out the tread pattern with a craft knife where the casting block attached.
Comparing them side by side the resin parts are slightly wider and the tread pattern better defined;



All you have to do is add the centre hubs from the kit to the resin wheels, drill out the rear wheels for the axle (or just remove the axle altogether and glue directly to the brake discs) and fix them in place.
I was concerned that the resin wheels may have been copied from the kit but with the difference in width and tread pattern then I'm happy with them.
These look far better than the kit items so I would not hesitate to recommend them.
Go to their website for more info;

www.maconemodels.com






No comments:

Post a Comment