Wednesday 9 October 2013

British Hussar update

Painting figures like this can be a challenge, mainly due to the fine uniform details and this one is no exception. I looked at various tutorials about painting gold wthout actually using gold paint but they went straight over my head so I've decided to use gold oil paint.
I was'nt sure how to go about it but after a request for help to reknowned figure painter Dave Youngquist on the Michigan Toy Soldier Youtube channel he very kindly emailed me some hints and tips so here it is so far;

I'm actually quite pleased with the results so far :o)

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever gave a chance to finish the the breeches and gloves for the Hussar? I look forward to any updates.
    Thanks
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It actually needs stripping and repainting again as unfortunately the paint has been chipped due to me moving house

    ReplyDelete