Friday, 10 February 2017

Airfix C-47

I built this a while back but the finish came out very poor as the paint went grainy during the spraying sessions. I persevered with it but it just went from bad to worse especially when the Kleer floor polish was still visible around the decals so I put it to one side and tried to forget about it.
Trouble is I spent a lot of time getting the wing roots to look good as the fit was pretty poor both sides and this fact alone has been niggling me so last night I sanded the whole model back and smoothed out the rough bits (of which there were many).
It is a shame as with the invasion stripes it did look well (apart from the gritty paint) however I'm planning on doing it in a completely different scheme so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment