Friday 24 August 2018

Decalling the Heller 1/72 Mirage IV and Miniart 1/35 T-55A

As well as starting on the Matchbox Lightning, yesterday afternoon was also spent applying the decals to the Heller Mirage and Miniart T-55. Regarding the Mirage it will be interesting to see what happens when the final coat of matt varnish is applied as the decals came off the backing paper straight away, indicating that the adhesive had failed so it would not surprise me if I get some 'silvering' of the decals. I may go over the decals again with Johnsons Kleer.
Regarding the T-55 I used the kit decals and the Soviet Navy flags had some difficulty conforming to the turret curves, so much so I had to remove them. Luckily I had a second set and after smoothing them out while still wet and with the application of Micro Sol decal solution they look better. I also made a photocopy of the decal sheet in case I needed to make masks to paint them on instead;


No comments:

Post a Comment