Saturday 1 December 2018

Poste Militaire 90mm trumpeter, 13th regiment of Hussars, Jerome Napoleon

I was given this kit a few years ago as a neighbour of mine was having a clear out and was going to throw it away.
He asked me if I wanted it and of course I said yes and gave it a new home.
A couple of weeks ago during the process of moving out of my home of 31 years due to a separation with my wife, I was having a sort out myself when I found this kit in the stash and decided that once I had settled into my new place I would give it a go.
Anyhow I've been messing around with it, most of my time being spent trying to understand the photocopied instructions but this is where I am at the moment (the horse had been assembled by my neighbour). It's coming together VERY slowly and will be a long term project.


In the second pic I filled the joint on the saddle with Revell model filler then dabbed it with liquid glue to try and blend it into the detail. 
Quite how far I will get with it is another matter as it will be a long term project that I will come back to. Considering the age of the kit (1984) the metal is in good condition with no sign of the 'pitting' that you can get with white metal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment