Friday 7 December 2018

Poste Militaire 90mm trumpeter, 13th regiment of Hussars, Jerome Napoleon

The model is almost at the cleaning and priming stage as after some thought and research I managed to figure out where the reins go as the instructions are very poor. The head and pelisse have been mounted on brass rods so that they can be handled while painting, I just need to do the same for the horse and figure;


The horses tail needed some attention as the attachment point for when it came out of the mould left a blank spot so I used the end of an old compass to rescribe the detail;



As stated before figuring out the reins was difficult due to the poor instructions but with the help of a Histoire & Collections book about Officers and Soldiers of the French Hussars and some careful studying of the instructions I finally understood where the reins fitted;


This has been quite interesting to put together and I can see why my neighbour gave up on it as it is a pretty involved subject. You do have two options in the kit, one of them being a trooper carrying a carbine rifle but looking at the references the emblem on the sabretache is different so I've gone for the trumpeter.
I don't suppose it would be that hard to convert the sabretache but I'll stick with what is supplied.
After the horse and figure are mounted on brass rods I can give the model a clean then when dry get a primer coat on it. Even when partially assembled this is quite an impressive piece, measuring some 7 inches (18cm) in height;



I'm quite looking forward to painting this one!

Edit; I was wondering how to fix the horse to something so that I could paint it when I remembered this stand I bought from Jon Page at Sphere Products a couple of years ago;



Ideal!

7 comments:

  1. Your post has been invaluable. My wife bought me this figure more than 10 years ago and I only got around to painting the horse, this was because there were no instructions with it. When I saw your post I dug out the figure from the loft and assembled it.
    Many thanks, Les.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post has been invaluable. My wife bought me this figure more than 10 years ago and I only got around to painting the horse, this was because there were no instructions with it. When I saw your post I dug out the figure from the loft and assembled it.
    Many thanks, Les.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post has been invaluable. My wife bought me this figure more than 10 years ago and I only got around to painting the horse, this was because there were no instructions with it. When I saw your post I dug out the figure from the loft and assembled it.
    Many thanks, Les.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Les. I am SO glad this post has proved useful to you, that has really made my day.
      Funnily enough my model was put back in the box after being sprayed with primer due to one thing or another so I must dig it out again.
      Thank you once again!

      Delete
  4. Hi Andy, have you put any pint on yet ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Unfortunately the only paint applied so far has been the white primer. After that was done the model was put back in the box as I had other projects to do plus I chickened out of painting it. It's going to be a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame...... but if you dic7to sell as is give me a shout,

    malcs_3@hotmail.co.uk

    Or WhatsApp...

    I intend to get on from bonapartes April.

    Malc

    ReplyDelete