Friday 17 January 2020

Takom 1/35 Bergepanther

I decided to paint the spade at the rear a different way so I sprayed it with Vallejo Metal Colour 77.712 Steel. After decanting some hairspray from the can the spade was sprayed with it using an old Badger 200;


I mixed up my own primer red using Tamiya XF-7 with a few drops of XF-9 Hull Red thrown in then the spade was sprayed;


When dry I chipped away the paint using a stiff nylon brush and water;


After using a hair dryer to dry it off,  the spade was coated with hair spray once again then the dark yellow base coat was sprayed over it and left to dry.
Once dry it was chipped off using the same method as before and at the moment it looks like this;



After the weathering process I'll be going over the bare metal with powdered graphite to polish it up a bit but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
The model will receive a coat of gloss varnish prior to weathering as I find washes run better on a shiny surface. 

1 comment:

  1. The blade is awesome! Great work, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete