Monday 1 August 2016

Dragon Fokker E.V/ D.VIII

Trying to figure out how to hold the wing so that I could paint the upper surface I hit on the idea of using a clamp. I was'nt bothered about losing or smudging the paint on the leading and trailing edges as there would be a white trim around the wing that would cover them.
Doing this meant that I was able to get the top colours on, again using oils for the streaking effect and this time using Prussian Green and Vandyke Brown. The colours I have chosen are all near-as-dammit and are good enough for me, all I have to do now is wait for the oils to dry;
If you look carefully, particularly on the green bits you can see the plywood decal showing through.
This post is a bit of a milestone for me as it is the 200th so thank you to those who take the time to look in on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment