Thursday 5 April 2018

Airfix 1/48 P-51D Mustang

After spraying the model with Tamiya X-1 gloss black and letting it cure for a couple of days I masked off the anti glare panel on the nose and sprayed it with AK026 Olive Drab;


The paint went on well but then I noticed it was 'crazing' all over the area;



I can understand getting a reaction if I had used a laquer thinner in the olive drab paint but it was Tamiya X-20 which is basically IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol) so I can only assume that Tamiya paint doesn't like AK paint.
The reason I sprayed the model with Tamiya gloss black in the first place was to use it as a basecoat for Alclad however I may just spray it with paint from a rattle can (such as Tamiya TS-17) as I'm getting fed up with the arseing about required as Alclad doesn't like masking tape apparently, of course what I'll have to watch now is for any reaction with the black basecoat over the entire model when spraying the aluminium....stupid fucking hobby....
This one will be parked now as it's very close to being sent to landfill and joining the other USAAF subjects I have residing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment