Monday 4 May 2020

Bronco 1/35 CV3/33 Tankette

The tracks are of the link and length type and usually I would do them as sub-assemblies to help with the painting however due to the small size of the model I decided to glue the tracks to the wheels and worry about painting them later on.
Doing one side at a time I removed the tracks from the sprue gluing the top run together first, the lower sections and individual links that go around the sprocket and rear idler were then glued together, leaving them all to set for about twenty minutes.
When ready the lengths were wrapped around the wheels using superglue to help secure them in place. Joining them together I have to say I barely made it as the fit is very precise, luckily I only have a small gap between two links so I'm pleased with that;




One thing to note is that a couple of lengths needed notches cutting out at the ends by the guide horns as these are moulded solid and will prevent the tracks mating together;


No comments:

Post a Comment