Sunday 10 May 2020

Hobbyboss 1/35 ZBD-05 amphibious IFV

I made a start on this about three or four years ago and although it has two very pretty camo schemes, I soon lost interest due to the amount of track links it required and it got shoved back into the stash.
I was recently having a sort out of what kits to dispose of and this was due to go either on Ebay or to landfill but after seeing those camo schemes and having time on my hands I decided to build it.
The biggest job is the track links and these took the best part of two evenings to remove them from the sprues, trim the sprue attachment points, glue the guide horns on each link before eventually joining them all together.
They went together fairly well but I would advise that you glue a length long enough for the lower runs to wrap around the front drive sprockets and rear idlers first as the upper run will be hidden by the side skirts and you will need to 'stretch out' the upper run to get it to join up with the other links.


I didn't glue the wheels to the axles as I want to be able to remove the wheels and tracks as sub-assemblies to aid painting later on.
I'm hoping to build this straight OOTB as I haven't got a clue about these vehicles, the only thing I know is it looks pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment