Monday, 29 December 2014

Meng T-90-Starting the weathering

The oil paint process worked in a fashion but I was'nt entirely happy as the white spirit was dragging off the acrylic matt varnish plus I've altered the sand colour too much in places, anyway it's onto the pigments and to begin with I've given the whole model a dusty look with Mig's 'Dry Mud';

In the bottom two pictures I've tried to show the contrast between areas that have had pigment applied.
I have to say that at the moment I'm quite pleased with the way it's looking as instead of flooding an area with white spirit I've just been using a damp flat brush to drag the pigment in vertical and horizontal directions, previous results have just ended up as a mess plus the IPA I used to use for this job made the pigment dry funny too.
Next job will be to use different colours of Mig pigment and various AK muddy colours to add to the weathering effect, also I may try depicting wet mud on this model too.
So far so good!
PS; I forgot to say that the paint chipping was done with various Vallejo acrylics before the pigments were applied. Sorry about that :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment