Saturday, 23 July 2016

Trumpeter E-50

After fitting the Heimdall turret it soon became apparent that with the mods done to the engine deck the turret would'nt turn completely...BUGGER!
SO the two plates over the front grills needed altering for a start and this was done using a compass cutter, making a mark where the turret collided with the plates beforehand. The grab handle I added had to be moved to the other side of the engine access panel and the holes filled in and finally the armoured cover for the air cleaner had to be cut back. NOW the bleedin' turret turns!
I'm in the process of scratch building a mount for an anti-aircraft gun to be fitted on the rear deck, just because I can so some pics will follow soon.

Edit; I've added the AA gun mount now (with apologies for the quality of the pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment