Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Trumpeter E-50 with Heimdal turret

Many of my projects tend to stall due to one reason or another, usually boredom but the main reason with this one was the camo scheme as I did'nt really know where to go with it after it was done so it went onto the Shelf-Of-Doom.
I did'nt want to repaint it totally so I decided on a winter scheme but in a splinter pattern to match the vehicles camouflage. The crosses used were rub down ones from Archer then carefully masked so that the tape would'nt pull them up.
I wanted the white to be on the hull and turret sides only so a pattern was thought out and masked off. Then hairspray was applied to the model and when dry Tamiya XF-2 White with a drop or two of grey thrown in was sprayed on. After that the masking tape was removed then the white was attacked with warm water and an old tooth brush to portray a worn finish. It needs some touching up in places as the tape removed some of the base colours plus where the hairspray pooled some areas are too regular and need respraying, other than that I'm quite pleased with the results so far;

No comments:

Post a Comment