Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Prime time for the Takom Leopard and Airfix Hurricane

Now that the Leopard had dried out and the Hurricane is up to the stage of being painted internally I primed both models using Vallejo's black Surface Primer. It's the first time I've used this stuff on current projects as I've only done tests on an old model but I do like it, I usually use Games Workshop rattle cans for priming but as I have to use it outside I'm at the mercy of the British weather so to have a good primer I can use through an airbrush is a big bonus.
The only downside is that being acrylic based I found I had to clean the needle a couple of times due to the build up of paint and at one point I had to clean the airbrush out as paint was starting to block the nozzle, however I can live with that if it means I can get stuff primed quicker rather than having to wait for a break in the weather. Also I shall try it again with acrylic retardant to see it that makes a difference;

 Oh and the Vallejo primer doesn't smell bad either so it's pretty family-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment