Tuesday 12 September 2017

Prime time for the Takom Leopard and Airfix Hurricane

Now that the Leopard had dried out and the Hurricane is up to the stage of being painted internally I primed both models using Vallejo's black Surface Primer. It's the first time I've used this stuff on current projects as I've only done tests on an old model but I do like it, I usually use Games Workshop rattle cans for priming but as I have to use it outside I'm at the mercy of the British weather so to have a good primer I can use through an airbrush is a big bonus.
The only downside is that being acrylic based I found I had to clean the needle a couple of times due to the build up of paint and at one point I had to clean the airbrush out as paint was starting to block the nozzle, however I can live with that if it means I can get stuff primed quicker rather than having to wait for a break in the weather. Also I shall try it again with acrylic retardant to see it that makes a difference;

 Oh and the Vallejo primer doesn't smell bad either so it's pretty family-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment