Friday 27 October 2017

ICM 1/35 ZiL-131 truck

I was up in the loft the other day sorting out stuff when I found a Def Model set for the ICM ZiL-131 so in between the Leopard and Hurricane I decided to build this for shits and giggles. The intention was to build it straight out of the box.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then I found some piccies online via Prime Portal (I know I just had to look) so I've added some detail because I can't help myself;






The chassis is made up of multiple parts so the top picture shows the weight I put on it to keep it flat and straight. This is essential with multi-part chassis's otherwise it leads to fit problems later on and of course wonky wheels.
Generally the kit is OK so far with a good fit of parts however there are pin marks and sink marks here and there which need attention, flash is minimal with just seam lines needing to be removed on parts.
This will be another ongoing project so there is no time frame in mind, it just keeps my mind occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment