Tuesday 10 October 2017

Miniart Farm gate with base

Well I managed to glue it all together but it's taken a LOT of work to get it to this stage plus a lot of filler to hide the gaps. The biggest problem was actually getting the kit halves to stick together as the plastic seemed pretty impervious to liquid glue and because it was a vac-form the mating edges are very thin. The styrene strips I added helped to a degree but it was still very easy to flex the parts and crack the joints, also the the joints seemed to 'flare out' to the middle which made filling difficult.
Copious amounts of superglue finally managed to stick the walls and gate to the base so it's now being left to set before I undercoat it;

The doors were glued shut with the hinges added after. I left the smaller door ajar and added the handles from wire along with a strip of styrene down the front;



As I said in a previous post this is mainly to test out some sets of Lifecolour paints I got for review so I'll post a pic of the finished piece...that's if it doesn't spring apart before hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment