Friday 5 June 2020

Airfix 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury

In an earlier post I said how after painting the model it showed up some flaws in the cowling that I missed after the primer coat such as a couple of pin holes and what I hope is just a run in the primer rather than a moulding defect. If it is a defect I'll swap the cowling as I have another kicking around the bench.
It also showed up that the gaps between the cowling and fuselage at the top and bottom were more prominent than I first thought so now the paint has had time to harden off I filled them with white superfine Milliput and smoothed out the putty with a cotton wool bud (Q-tip) and water, that way the paint was'nt damaged.
The pin holes were filled with superglue and along with the paint run on the cowling side, sanded out and the area polished with a ladies nail buffer.
When the Milliput has set I'll respray the model as I missed a couple of areas the first time around;


No comments:

Post a Comment