Wednesday 3 June 2020

Trumpeter SA-6 Gainful

One of the (dwindling number of) modelling groups I'm in on Facebook decided to have a group build with the theme of Anti Aircraft so I will be joining in with this;


I did have an idea to build it a few years ago but never got around to it so the group build was a good reason to dig it out of the stash.
I have a few aftermarket parts such as etch and wheels, I WAS going to use some Fruil metal tracks which I bought a few years ago but only found out yesterday that the tracks for a PT-76 were in the box instead. Whether this was due to a packaging error or some clown at a model show opening boxes and getting them mixed up (it happens) I'll never know.
After looking for any more extra bits I found out that a replacement lower hull is available as the Trumpeter one is 6mm too short. I won't be getting that but I will be hacking the kit hull so that should be fun.
The kit missiles need replacing as they are too long and too narrow, luckily I found a Cromwell Models SA-6 conversion set at a model show a couple of years ago so that takes care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment