Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Trumpeter E-25; Back on it

Well I've put all my toys back in the pram after a couple of days away from the bench and the last bout of modelling frustration and re-sprayed the E-25. As posted earlier I was having problems spraying the new Ammo paints by Mig which could have been down to my idea of using Tamiya acrylic thinner with them, although to be fair I DID experiment with this combination before I committed to painting the model and the thinner and paint seemed to mix well.
ANYWAY I'm sticking with Tamiya and Mr Hobby paint in future as they work fine for me.
So back to the model and I resprayed the base coat in places where needed then the camo was sprayed freehand, retouching with the base coat to remove any over spray. This time the colours are darker than originally planned as I used a 1:1 mix of Tamiya XF-65 Field Grey and XF-71 Cockpit Green for bits and XF-79 Linoleum Deck Brown with a bit of the base colour thrown in for the red-brown.
I'm not sure whether to leave it like this or try again with the 'ambush camouflage' style of dots using the three colours alternatively placed over the model;
I shall have a think about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment