Friday 6 May 2016

Revell Leopard base coated

Today I managed to get some paint on the Leopard using my brand spanking Iwata Neo TRN2 that I got for my birthday in January but only now have I had a chance to use it. For a first outing I have to say I'm impressed, usually I spray with an Iwata Revolutin CR but for large areas it takes forever so this new airbrush is perfect.
I primed the Leopard with Games Workshop Chaos Black a few days ago and today it got a coat of Tamiya XF-65 Field Grey with some XF-1 Black thrown in. When the base-coat was done I made another mix of Field Grey but this time I threw some XF-58 Olive Green in to lighten it a bit and sprayed in between panels, sticky out bits etc for a bit of contrast to an otherwise drab scheme. The model will get a coat of X-22 Clear next after which any decals will be applied then I can start the weathering.
The colour may be a bit light for a late 1960's/early 70's Bundeswehr tank but the varnish will darken the paint as will any weathering.

Edit; The model was glossed not long after and looks very shiny now;


No comments:

Post a Comment