Thursday 3 May 2018

Airfix 1/48 P-51D Mustang

Mainly to stop myself falling asleep in the evenings and the fact this model is bugging me I decided to give it another go. Even though the upper engine cowl had been rubbed down numerous times I could still see where the paints had reacted so using neat IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol) I cleaned all the paint off down to bare plastic, this area was again rubbed down;


After clean up the entire model was resprayed with Tamiya X-1 gloss black;


The model will be left to cure before applying a coat of rattle can silver, probably Tamiya TS-17 aluminium silver or whatever I have in stock rather than mess about with Alclad, just so I can get the bloody thing finished.
Anyway at the moment I have a shiny black Mustang, if things go wrong again it will either become a test piece or a landfill item depending on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment