Thursday 10 May 2018

E-75 tank destroyer

I actually primed this last year using matt black from the new AK Real paint but it got pushed to the back of the queue due to losing interest, however after the nightmare with the Airfix P-51 finish I decided to get this one on the bench again just to prove to myself that I can actually spray stuff without it going wrong.
The base coat was again from the AK range using RC061 Dunkelgelb Ausgabe 44 and pretty much straight after spraying that the camo was applied freehand using a Badger 100 and Mr Hobby H405 Olivegrun lightened with Tamiya XF-3 Yellow;


So far so good! The next step is to apply a coat of gloss varnish to get it ready for any decals I might apply and the start of the weathering process.
I also need to spray the exhausts in various shades of brown and orange, coat them with hairspray decanted from the tin and when dry spray them in the basecoat. After this they will be chipped using a hard brush and warm water.
I like the AK Real paints but a couple of things I've learned is not to spray them OVER Tamiya paint thinned with their own thinner or IPA (I found that out with the Mustang), also when thinning the paint do it in a jar rather than the paint cup on the airbrush as I found it difficult to get the paint flowing

No comments:

Post a Comment